The American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES)
Legislation to build the clean energy future
- Analysis of H.R. 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES)
- Legislative Analysis, September 25, 2009
- An analysis of H.R. 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES), outlining the potential of the legislation for creating millions of jobs, breaking our dependence on oil, and reducing the pollution that causes global warming. The analysis also includes suggestions for strengthening this critically important legislation.
- The American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES) Can Help Build the Clean Energy Economy and Solve the Climate Crisis
- Fact Sheet, May 22, 2009
- The American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES) will harness American ingenuity to provide the energy and climate solutions needed to address the climate crisis. ACES includes support for renewable energy and a smart power grid, standards and incentives for improving energy efficiency, a cap and trade system to limit global warming pollution and a plan for expanding clean transportation.
- Opportunities for Agriculture
- Fact Sheet, July 15, 2009
- The American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES) includes significant benefits for American farmers, including incentives for increasing energy efficiency and deployment of renewable energy sources. In addition, under the cap and invest system envisioned by the legislation, farmers could earn additional income through the sale of offsets -- credits for reductions in direct emissions or enhanced carbon sequestration on the farm. This legislation would provide the support that farmers and ranchers need, help them create new jobs and transform their businesses to succeed in a more secure and sustainable clean energy future.
- Top 10 Reasons the Senate Should Pass Climate and Energy Legislation This Year
- Legislative Analysis, July 29, 2009
- The House passed the American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES) at the end of June. The House bill is not perfect (no legislation is), but it addresses concerns about cost, consumer protection, regional impacts, and industrial competitiveness that are key to success in the Senate. Now it is the Senate's turn to act. This fact sheet details the top 10 reasons the Senate should move this fall to pass strong and comprehensive energy and climate legislation.
last revised 2/19/2010
Get Updates and Alerts
This Is Global Warming
Watch the Video »
Our new video shows the effects of global warming in the world today.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- US Can and Must Rise to the Global Challenge of Climate Change
- posted by Jake Schmidt, 4/17/15
- Putting Heat Adaptation Plans into Action: Ahmedabad Shares Lessons with Leading Indian Cities
- posted by Anjali Jaiswal, 4/15/15
- States clear path for Clean Power Plan; Coal industry and ALEC floundering
- posted by Aliya Haq, 4/13/15