Many people are facing a double whammy of air quality threats that will worsen with climate change:
- Virginia Beach would see two and a half times as many days that exceed EPA's air quality standards.3
- 128 counties have ragweed pollution, and Alexandria has unhealthy smog levels; at least 16 counties suffer from both.4
- Asthma sickens an estimated 171,600 kids and 544,000 adults.5
Protect your family from air pollution:
- Check news reports on the radio, TV, or online for pollen reports or daily air quality conditions. Or visit EPA's Air Now for air quality info and avoid outdoor activity on bad air days particularly for people with asthma or other respiratory diseases.
- After spending time outdoors, wash off pollen that may have collected on your face, skin, or hair.