Many people are facing a double whammy of air quality threats that will worsen with climate change:
- 7 counties have ragweed pollution.3
- Asthma sickens an estimated 145,100 kids and 464,000 adults.4
- By mid-century, King County will likely experience 132 additional deaths due to poor air quality.5
Protect your family from air pollution:
- Check news reports on the radio, TV, or online for pollen reports or daily air quality conditions. Or visit EPA's Air Now for air quality info and avoid outdoor activity on bad air days particularly for people with asthma or other respiratory diseases.
- After spending time outdoors, wash off pollen that may have collected on your face, skin, or hair.