Green Eating Guide
Tips for making healthy food choices for you and the planet
The food choices that we make every day have a profound effect on the environment. From farm to fork, growing our food, processing it and transporting it all use tremendous amounts of energy, water and chemicals.
By making just a few small changes in our eating and buying habits, we can greatly reduce this impact. When we eat green, we help the environment by reducing global warming pollution -- and help ourselves by eating fresh and healthy food.
This guide offers advice for choosing climate-friendly food, buying organic and other sustainably certified produce, watching your waste and eating locally. Use it to select food options that are good for you and the health of our environment.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Will Subway make a 21st century decision on antibiotics in its 50th anniversary year?
- posted by Lena Brook, 6/23/15
- New climate-health report in The Lancet: our opportunity moment is now
- posted by Kim Knowlton, 6/23/15
- Tackling Climate Change Could Be The 21st Century's Greatest Health Opportunity, Medical Journal Report Says
- posted by Susan Casey-Lefkowitz, 6/22/15