Green Eating Guide
Tips for making healthy food choices for you and the planet
The food choices that we make every day have a profound effect on the environment. From farm to fork, growing our food, processing it and transporting it all use tremendous amounts of energy, water and chemicals.
By making just a few small changes in our eating and buying habits, we can greatly reduce this impact. When we eat green, we help the environment by reducing global warming pollution -- and help ourselves by eating fresh and healthy food.
This guide offers advice for choosing climate-friendly food, buying organic and other sustainably certified produce, watching your waste and eating locally. Use it to select food options that are good for you and the health of our environment.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Question answered - EPA approves Enlist Duo
- posted by Kristi Pullen, 10/15/14
- New poll: New Yorkers overwhelming support fracking moratorium - and clean energy
- posted by Kate Sinding, 10/7/14
- Risky Play: Children Exposed to Toxic Air Pollution from Shale Gas Development at Texas Playgrounds?
- posted by Tanja Srebotnjak, 10/3/14