Photo: Laura Kleinhenz Coretta Anderson, Los Angeles
- Medical Coverage
- NRDC offers employees an affordable, quality health care plan that provides the flexibility to choose your physician. The plan provides insurance for costs including hospitalization, office visits to your physician for the treatment of an illness or injury, routine wellness exams, prescription drugs and mental health care.
- Dental Coverage
- NRDC's dental plan helps pay for a variety of services and emphasizes the value of routine, preventative care.
- Vision Care
- NRDC's health plan provides reimbursement for vision care, including the cost of one exam every year when visiting an in-network provider and a portion of eyeglass or contact lens costs.
- Life Insurance
- NRDC provides life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage to all employees free of charge. The benefit for each is three times annual base salary. This coverage is provided through Met Life.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- NRDC offers short- and long-term disability coverage to its employees which helps replace salary in the event you are disabled and cannot work.
- Retirement Benefits
- The 403(b) plan is a tax-deferred annuity that allows employees to save for retirement on a tax-advantaged basis. Under this plan, NRDC will contribute a percentage of your salary each year, after one year of service, to your account at Fidelity Investments. The Graduated Service Schedule is as follows:
Years of Service: Percentage
1 - 4 years: 7%
5 - 9 years: 9%
10 - 14 years: 12%
15+ years: 14%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- NRDC's flexible spending accounts allow employees to deduct money from their paychecks to pay for eligible expenses with pre-tax dollars. The plan lets employees lower their taxable salary and pay for expenses with dollars not reduced by taxes. Depending on the tax bracket, employees can save 30 percent or more on eligible expenses including health care, dependent care and work-related transportation.
Get Updates and Alerts
SPOTLIGHT ON: NRDC STAFF
Environmental Justice Attorney, Urban Program, New York, with NRDC since 2005
"Nobody in our society should have to bear the brunt of environmental pollution. We all have a right to clean air and healthy water. Working to protect those rights is the inspiration that led me to become a lawyer."
Watch a short video of Al describing NRDC's environmental justice work in post-Katrina New Orleans.
Photo: Lisa Whiteman
50 Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2012
NRDC came in at #9 on the NonProfit Times 50 Best Nonprofits to Work for 2012. Plus, we were the only environmental group in the top 50 and we were #2 compared to other organizations of our size.
Learn more >>
Spotlight On: Green Offices
What's it like working in a green office? Sunny, airy spaces. Sleek, contemporary design. Comfortable furniture made with recycled materials...