Rewriting the Rules (2005 Special Edition)
The Bush Administration's First Term Environmental Record
The Bush administration took nearly 150 actions to undermine environmental protections over the past year, consistent with its historic assault on the nation's environmental safeguards. This January 2005 NRDC report assesses the Bush presidency's first-term environmental policies, and previews battles expected during the administration's second term.
OVERVIEW & QUICK REFERENCE [En Español]
Press Release, 1/19/05
The Bush Record -- NRDC's comprehensive account of the Bush administration's environmental policies from 2001 through 2005.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
(Links indicate sections available as individual webpages)
Drilling Away Our Public Lands
Hiding Air Polluters Behind a Smoke Screen
Stalling on Global Warming
Undermining the Clean Water Act
Leaving the Public Out of Public Health Policy
Slashing Forest, Park, and Public Land Protections
Taking Aim at Wildlife Protections
Increasing Nuclear Insecurity
Rewriting the Rules, April 2004 edition (Adobe Acrobat file, size: 509 k)
Rewriting the Rules, Year-End Report 2002 (Adobe Acrobat file, size: 650 k)
Rewriting the Rules, April 2002 edition (Adobe Acrobat file, size: 307 k)
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Oh, The Places You Won't Go: House Drops Housing + Transportation Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 7/31/13
- Botching the Budget, Ignoring the Infrastructure Debt
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 6/28/13
- Capturing the Value of Public Transportation
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 3/21/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.