Protecting the environment of Greater New York
Tell Your Senator: Hold Off Fracking in New York
It's just too risky to move forward before critical health studies are completed. Tell your senator to follow the Assembly's lead and pass a two-year moratorium on fracking.
For more than three decades, NRDC has sought to advance environmental initiatives in and around New York City, the nation's most densely populated metropolitan region. Learn more about our six priority campaigns:
The NRDC New York team is composed of more than twenty lawyers, scientists, and policy experts who work on environmental issues in the region. Our goals are to protect greater New York's environment, advance NRDC's top priorities through local action, and use our advocacy successes as models for sustainability in urban areas around the country and world.
What You Can Do
Receive our E-Updates
NY Updates, Action Alerts, Newsletters
NY Blogs on
- A National Model for Sustainable Food Waste Disposal Is Being Created Where? Right Here in New York City
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 6/17/13
- New York Assembly Poised to Ramp-Up Local Solar Industry, Jobs
- posted by Pierre Bull, 6/14/13
- Global Green and Ikea Are Bringing Emergency Solar to Sandy-Struck Neighborhoods. Let's Hope Energy Planners Follow Their Lead.
- posted by Kit Kennedy, 6/14/13
- What's In New York State's Grocery Bag?
- posted by Margaret Brown, 6/13/13
- Preliminary Reflections on Mayor Bloomberg's Post-Sandy Climate Resiliency Plan for NYC
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 6/13/13
- NRDCNY: #NYC's ambitious #climatechange plan shows we must do more now to stop carbon pollution: http://t.co/GzdEi5ARJa.
- NRDCNY: RT @NRDCFood: .@NRDC sues @US_FDA for failing (again) to disclose information about antibiotic resistance: http://t.co/d6XL37yCnI #antibiot…
- NRDCNY: RT @NRDC_AF: Americans waste 40% of our food. New study concludes stopping this would equate to taking 1/4 of cars off the road. http://t.c…