Protecting the environment of Greater New York
Historic Victory for Public Health
Driven by the unprecedented grassroots movement demanding that New York not blindly accept fracking within its borders, Governor Cuomo’s administration did exactly what he has long been promising it would. It looked at the science, and it let the science drive the decision.
For more than three decades, NRDC has sought to advance environmental initiatives in and around New York City, the nation's most densely populated metropolitan region. Learn more about our six priority campaigns:
The NRDC New York team is composed of more than twenty lawyers, scientists, and policy experts who work on environmental issues in the region. Our goals are to protect greater New York's environment, advance NRDC's top priorities through local action, and use our advocacy successes as models for sustainability in urban areas around the country and world.
What You Can Do
Receive our E-Updates
NY Updates, Action Alerts, Newsletters
NY Blogs on
- Gov. Cuomo Launches Solar Schools Program for NY
- posted by Nathanael Greene, 1/8/14
- Northeast Governors move forward with LCFS MOU
- posted by Nathanael Greene, 12/30/09
- 11 States move to develop a low-carbon fuel standard
- posted by Nathanael Greene, 1/8/09
- Solar wins in NY, sparks controversy in CA
- posted by Nathanael Greene, 6/20/08
- Bioheat is like all biofuels: we got to get it right
- posted by Nathanael Greene, 5/20/08
- NRDCNY: #NYC's ambitious #climatechange plan shows we must do more now to stop carbon pollution: http://t.co/GzdEi5ARJa.
- NRDCNY: RT @NRDCFood: .@NRDC sues @US_FDA for failing (again) to disclose information about antibiotic resistance: http://t.co/d6XL37yCnI #antibiot…
- NRDCNY: RT @NRDC_AF: Americans waste 40% of our food. New study concludes stopping this would equate to taking 1/4 of cars off the road. http://t.c…