Protecting the environment of Greater New York
Offshore Wind Power for New York
Just off the coast of New York lies the best wind energy resource in the world, yet America currently does not have a single offshore wind turbine spinning off our shores. Fortunately, that is going to change. Join us at Stony Brook University on November 13 for a free conference on reaching our next clean energy frontier.
For more than three decades, NRDC has sought to advance environmental initiatives in and around New York City, the nation's most densely populated metropolitan region. Learn more about our six priority campaigns:
The NRDC New York team is composed of more than twenty lawyers, scientists, and policy experts who work on environmental issues in the region. Our goals are to protect greater New York's environment, advance NRDC's top priorities through local action, and use our advocacy successes as models for sustainability in urban areas around the country and world.
What You Can Do
Receive our E-Updates
NY Updates, Action Alerts, Newsletters
NY Blogs on
- Will Fairness Prevail in the South Bronx?
- posted by Johanna Dyer, 12/5/13
- Big Cities Join Together for Better School Food
- posted by Mark Izeman, 12/3/13
- New report: jobs from shale gas development greatly exaggerated by industry
- posted by Amy Mall, 11/21/13
- Don't Be a Turkey: Buy Local and Sustainable Food for Your Thanksgiving Feast
- posted by Margaret Brown, 11/20/13
- Students Witness the Fracking Frontlines
- posted by Robert Friedman, 11/12/13
- NRDCNY: #NYC's ambitious #climatechange plan shows we must do more now to stop carbon pollution: http://t.co/GzdEi5ARJa.
- NRDCNY: RT @NRDCFood: .@NRDC sues @US_FDA for failing (again) to disclose information about antibiotic resistance: http://t.co/d6XL37yCnI #antibiot…
- NRDCNY: RT @NRDC_AF: Americans waste 40% of our food. New study concludes stopping this would equate to taking 1/4 of cars off the road. http://t.c…