What's On Tap?
Grading Drinking Water in U.S. Cities
Grades at a Glance
The map and chart below identify at a glance the grades NRDC assigned to the 19 cities we surveyed for 2001. To read the complete findings (in Adobe Acrobat) for a particular city, including its grades for 2000, click on the city location on the map or the city name in the table. The table also includes links to contacts and resources for each city. To learn about our grading methodology, see Chapter 6 (84k PDF).
|City||Water Quality & Compliance||Right-to-Know Reports||Source Water Protection||Contacts &|
|Los Angeles||Fair||Good||Poor (import)
|New Orleans||Good||Good||Poor||Click here|
|San Diego||Fair||Fair||Poor (import)
|San Francisco||Poor||Fair||Good||Click here|
|Washington, D.C.||Fair||Fair||Fair||Click here|
last revised 6/11/2003
Get Updates and Alerts
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Clean Water Rule Litigation Update: Let's All Just Take a Breath
- posted by Jon Devine, 8/28/15
- Water and Wastewater Systems Are Still At-Risk 10 Years after Katrina
- posted by Ben Chou, 8/27/15
- Seamless Growth Ahead for NRDC's Clean by Design
- posted by Linda Greer, 8/18/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.