Testing the Waters: A Guide to Water Quality at Vacation Beaches
Twenty-Second Annual Report
Kirsten Sinclair Rosselot
Project Design and Development
Natural Resources Defense Council
NRDC wishes to acknowledge the support of the Pisces Foundation and the TOSA Foundation.
Thank you to Matt Howes, Alexandra Kennaugh, Auden Shim, Patrick Hensley, Michael Barrish, Elise Marton, and Sue Rossi for managing and supporting the production of the report. Many thanks to members of our media team -- Dylan Gasperik, Jessica Lass, Josh Mogerman, Jenny Powers, Kate Slusark, and Jacqueline Wei -- for orchestrating the release of the report to the press. Thanks to David Beckman, Steve Fleischli, Noah Garrison, Rebecca Hammer, Henry Henderson, Karen Hobbs, and Larry Levine for helping to develop, release and publicize the report for NRDC this year.
NRDC would like to thank Janie Chen, Cooper Foszcz, Jamie Friedland, Thomas Hooker, Marisa Kaminski, Lissa Lynch, and Elizabeth Och for reviewing various aspects of the report this year and Carol James for her input on elements of the report and distributing the report nationwide.
We wish also to thank the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for sharing data with us again this year, and to the state program coordinators, who provided information for the state chapters along with review of the monitoring and notification data. We recognize that this work is time-consuming and that budgets are tight all around, so we very much appreciate the effort that went into compiling and reviewing these data. Thanks, especially, to all those federal, state, and local officials who work hard every day to keep our beaches clean and to address the sources of beach water pollution.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- Victory for Whales! Japan Calls Off Its Annual Antarctic Hunt
- posted by Peter Lehner, 4/4/14
- Milestone in Ocean Noise Fight
- posted by Michael Jasny, 4/4/14
- Climate Change Damages are Happening Now & More Severe Impacts are Coming if We Don't Act Aggressively: Key Findings from IPCC report
- posted by Jake Schmidt, 3/31/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.