Too Good To Throw Away
Recycling's Proven Record
This is the full text and tables of NRDC's report on the benefits of recycling. This report was published by the Natural Resources Defense Council in February 1997.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Preface: In Defense of Recycling - by Governor George E. Pataki
Chapter 1: The Upstream Benefits: Reducing Pollution and the Use of Virgin Resources
Chapter 2: The Downstream Benefits: Decreasing Garbage and the Need for Landfill Space
Chapter 3: The Costs of Recycling
Chapter 4: What the Future Holds
Report Credits and Acknowledgments
For printed copies of this report, see our Publications List,
Too Good To Throw Away : Recycling's Proven Record. By Allen Hershkowitz. April 1997. Print version, $7.50. Order print copies .
last revised 4/9/1997
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Our Green Living Guides
- Enlighten Your Home
- Changing your light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs is among the easiest things you can do to save energy at home.
- Avoid Toxic Flea and Tick Treatments
- Some flea and tick treatments may contain toxic chemicals that can poison pets and harm people.
- Stay Warm This Winter
- Reduce your heating bills with these simple steps.
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.