Sounding the Depths II
The Rising Toll of Sonar, Shipping and Industrial Ocean Noise on Marine Life
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: The Rise of Ocean Noise
Chapter 2: Dynamite and Fog -- A Survey of Noise Sources
Chapter 3: The Tyranny of Small Decisions -- Domestic Regulation of Ocean Noise
Chapter 4: Noise Without Borders -- The Growing International Response
For printed copies of this report, see our Publications List.
Sounding the Depths II : The Rising Toll of Sonar, Shipping and Industrial Ocean Noise on Marine Life. By Michael Jasny. November 2005. Print version, $7.50. Order print copies .
last revised 11/17/2005
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Last Chance for Public Comments on the Tongue River Railroad (the worst idea ever)
- posted by Amanda Jahshan, 7/29/15
- Murkowski's Big Oil Giveaway: Profits Over People
- posted by Franz Matzner, 7/27/15
- FEMA, Floodplains and Fish: Why the National Flood Insurance Program must protect floodplains to improve public safety and safeguard endangered species
- posted by Monty Schmitt, 6/25/15