Sounding the Depths II
The Rising Toll of Sonar, Shipping and Industrial Ocean Noise on Marine Life
TABLE OF CONTENTS
(Links indicate sections available as individual webpages)
Chapter 1: The Rise of Ocean Noise
Chapter 2: Dynamite and Fog -- A Survey of Noise Sources
Chapter 3: The Tyranny of Small Decisions -- Domestic Regulation of Ocean Noise
Chapter 4: Noise Without Borders -- The Growing International Response
For printed copies of this report, see our Publications List.
Sounding the Depths II : The Rising Toll of Sonar, Shipping and Industrial Ocean Noise on Marine Life. By Michael Jasny. November 2005. Print version, $7.50. Order print copies .
last revised 11/17/2005
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Don't Be Fooled: Rep. Hastings & Friends DON'T Care About the Fish & Wildlife Service
- posted by Elly Pepper, 4/9/14
- Wildlife Protections for Bears, Wolves, and Mountain Lions Pass the Illinois Senate Unanimously
- posted by Nick Magrisso, 4/7/14
- Pollinators find a home at the White House
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 4/7/14